Saturday, January 7, 2012

Be Pixie Girl

In part, this blog is borne out of some advice from Gretchen Ruben's "The Happiness Project", which I'm currently undertaking with my two favorite witches, Gypsy Girl and Elfin One. In her study of what makes people feel happiness, Ruben identifies some fundamental truths for her readers, one of which is "Be Gretchen", or rather, be yourself as much as possible. This means that she is starting from where and who she is. She focuses on her experience, her belief system, and her areas of interest instead of trying to encompass the ideas others might find to be important to her research.

So taking that advice on-board, I'm going on the record as saying that I'm going to "Be Pixie Girl", meaning I'm starting where I am. I am certain there will be opinions that I express which cause some conflict, that I will be narrow-minded and limited while addressing the myriad "first world problems" that most Americans are blessed to be plagued with and about which I constantly whine. I apologize if it offends someone else's sensibilities that I believe in essential oils to boost your energy while believing in Botox to nail your crow's feet. I am a walking contradiction sometimes, but I'm trying my best to just "Be Pixie Girl", as best as I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment